ListWise

Monday, October 16, 2006

Still Thinking Tile

Yesterday I wrote about how I might need to tile the mud room sooner than I thought. Anna from 1620 Timber Frame left a link about a Spanish Tile Co. called Moasaic del Sur. They have a distributor here in California. They have some very cool tiles and I’ve sent for a catalog. I’m sure they’re crazy expensive, but check out this sample. These are concrete tiles. This patteren is made up of tiles that look to be either 4X4 or 6X6. I'm sure it's probably a metric size. Regardless, I really like them.



I haven’t made any decisions yet, and hopefully the sun will come out soon so I can get back to painting. If that happens, I’m a month or more away from tile work. Plenty of time to make and change a zillion decisions about tiles. On the affordability scale, the 1-inch unglazed hex tiles are about as cheap as it gets. I can get them locally for $6 a sq. ft.

I Googled up a mess of images of 1-inch hex tiles and found some nice ideas. One pattern I like is below. It’s simple but I like it, and this is a simple space. In addition to this I’m thinking about a boarder of square black & white tiles with a Greek key design.



Of course, with the tile idea taking center stage now, the cresting idea has been moved to the back burner. That’s not really a winter time project anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to rent an old apartment that had those old hex tiles in the bathroom - I'm hoping that when we take up the vinyl floor that we discover some underneath. (but I'm not holding my breath)s