ListWise

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The New Flush Valve Came Today!

And then I promptly sent it back to DEA Bath because they forgot to plate it in nickel. Oh, and they also sent it FedEx, which I expressly asked them not to. It was just by a very bizarre coincidence that I was home when FedEx came by. I was here for all of about 2 minutes when the truck pulled up and I was on the way out the door. If I hadn’t been here that would have meant me driving around the city hunting for the FedEx truck. If that had happened, I might have just continued driving all the way to Murphy’s, CA to pay a special visit to the good folks down at DEA Bath. I really don’t want to do any serious jail time, so it’s a good thing I was home when FedEx tried to deliver.

The good thing is, I now know I can use this flush valve to hide the damage I caused to the oak tank when I tried to install the wrong flush valve. The nut that tightens to the valve is larger than the hole I made. Once I fill in the hole to the proper diameter for the new valve you won’t see the repair. Whew! I wasn’t sure what I was going to do if that would not have worked. Of course, I still need to get the valve back plated in nickel, so I’m not out of the woods yet.

I was going to call DEA Bath and tell them that I was sending the valve back, but I thought it best that I not do that. Instead, I packed both the new valve and the return valve in to separate boxes and then packed both of those boxes in to a larger box. Taped to the front of the individual smaller boxes were printed notes with simple, clearly written instructions. I printed them up in 32 point font..



THIS IS A RETURN
CREDIT MY ACCOUNT FOR PART NUMBER
Etc, etc




On the other one it said…


THIS NEEDS TO BE PLATED IN NICKEL
PLEASE PLATE IN NICKEL AND RETURN IT TO ME
Etc, etc




You think they can get it right? I think they can so long as it’s Tim’s day off when the box arrives. Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Poppy said...

Fingers crossed!

Jason and Heather said...

I wouldn't count on it, sounds too complex for them. They'll probably plate the wrong valve in brass and send it back to you...

Anonymous said...

I'm pulling for you, but their track record does suggest you'll get back some awful misconfiguration of what you wanted.

Won't you be glad when your dealings with Tim and DEA are over?

Anonymous said...

You should call him Dim not Tim. I look forward to the next installment of your toilet saga. *Maybe* they'll get it right.