ListWise

Monday, May 14, 2007

Hyperbole

I can be accused of being biased. I’ve also been known to exaggerate from time to time. Embellishments and stretching the truth are nothing new to me. However, I don’t think I’m too far off the mark when I say that I am creating what may be the best bathroom in the history of mankind.

Since the time when the first protohuman kicked dirt on to his droppings, all the way up until this very second, I think mine is the finest bathroom that has ever been built on this planet. I could say the finest in the Universe if it weren’t for those Rigellians and their bathrooms. Oh, how I hate them.

Anywho, back to reality…

I had a very busy weekend and I accomplished a lot. I know it’s hard to believe but I’ve had other things besides bathroom restoration work weighing on my mind lately. It’s one of the reasons for the sparse posts this past week, but it’s also the reason for all of the work I’ve gotten done. Aside from working on the bathroom, I find sweeping to be very therapeutic. The upstairs hall, foyer, and main stairs have never been cleaner. Of course, clean is still a relative term around here.

On Saturday I punched through the porch roof and ran the plumbing vent up the side of the house. I ran the bathroom exhaust out through the roof as well. Both were mostly uneventful. I did forget to cement one of the ABS fittings and didn’t realize it until after I had nailed the roof jack on. The fitting I forgot to cement was under the roof so I had to pull roof jack off and do a small section over. No biggy.

On Sunday I put in all of the trim that separates the tile from the plaster. Again, nothing disastrous happened, but it has had quite an effect on the over all finishedness (Is that a word? Spell-check says no. Oh well.) of the room. There are no more jagged edges of cement board and plaster showing.

Today I put in the medicine cabinet and trimmed that out. It looks stunning, if I do say so myself. All the while I’ve been ever so slowly cleaning the Oberon Saloon floor tile. I now have 99 sq ft of tile ready for installation and I’ve actually run out of bleach-cleaned tile to de-grout. I have two very full tubs of tile soaking in bleach that need to cook for a few more days.

In the meantime, I’ve decided to turn my attention to the tub area. I’ve come up with a plan for doing the secondary drain under the tub. More on that tomorrow or the next day. For now, let’s all bask in the glory of the incomplete bathroom that is the best that has ever existed…..on Earth





9 comments:

StuccoHouse said...

I would have to agree that your bathroom is the best in the universe. That is until I get my wall sink up in my bathroom and then the ranking will probably change ;-)

Anonymous said...

I think my in-laws might be part Rigellian... but it's hard to imagine they would disapprove of your regal throne room. Nice progress.

Tarr said...

I think what you have done to your bathroom is lovely. I hope you don't mind my saying, though, that that maroon glass in the shower looks diseased.

Sure it does what it is supposed to do: keep the slavering neighbors from being able to watch you take a shower, but still. ick.

There are so many utterly beautiful kinds of glass out there.

But if this is an original and must be preserved, just ignore me.

Anonymous said...

love that pink window. sort of looks like pink leopard skin.

Poppy said...

Your bathroom is looking exceptionally wonderful! It's going to be amazing when finished!!

JAXTER said...

That is indeed the nicest bathroom known to man. Wow - when I think of the time and thought you have put into it (and all of your other work as well) I am simply awestruck.

John said...

I think that I just wet myself. It is beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished.

Our Little Bungalow said...

Yup pretty neato. I do like the color, esp now that I can see more of it. Nice work my man, just head my way any time now...

Katherine said...

You are in love with your bathroom. Pygmalion.