ListWise

Friday, May 18, 2007

Triple Digits!

I cleaned another box of The Oberon Saloon tile today, so that brings the grand total of ready to install tile to 105 sq ft! I only have     t-h-r-e-e     m-o-r-e     b-o-x-e-s     left to do, one of which is still soaking in bleach. Oh, will it never end? I thought I had gotten it all out of the bleach a few days ago, but I decided to send some back for another rinse. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I don’t think I will get to any tile this weekend, so realistically I’m looking at Thursday or Friday of next week to finish up. (I plan on getting shit-faced to celebrate) That does mean that I may actually start to install some floor tile next weekend. It's all very exciting, even if a bit tiresome at the same time.

This weekend I’m going to finish the drains for the tub. I think I’ve come up with a pretty good solution for the problem of having a claw-foot tub shower with no shower curtain ring.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm almost as psyched as i was when you were heading for the home stretch on painting the house. go you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg,
I have a quick question for you.
I have also just installed a clawfoot tub and am getting sewer gas into the bathroom (ugh)via the overflo vent in the bathtub.
Do I need to install a 'S' trap below the drain and overflo vent assembly to prevent this?
thanks
Matt

Greg said...

Yes, an inch and a half S trap under the floor will solve this problem.