ListWise

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Guess The Problems

So, I finally got some paint on the beadboard in the little mudroom. I ran out though, and will need to buy more (Grrrr!). Anyway, as I was putting up the beadboard I noticed a kind of major flaw in the room that will need to be fixed. Then tonight, when I was painting I noticed another, minor flaw that can’t and won’t be fixed.





Both problems are visible in both shots, but the second shot is primarily there to show off the frieze. I really like the way it came out. I did it primarily so I could shorten the beadboard, because it was a little beat up at the ends. Plus, one wall already had the 1X10 board on it, so it was either remove one board or add 3 more. The plan is to do a stencil of some sort around the room.

6 comments:

Derek said...

I don't really see a problem in the picture, are the jambs too short on the window? I like the frieze, breaks up the lines of the beadboard.

Anonymous said...

Is the window crooked? It really looks great, I love the trim up by the ceiling (I don't know how to spell free-zay). This is just a mud room, Greg, you're not going to be sitting in there having a cup of tea with your friends & neighbors. If there's anything else wrong in the room I guarantee that no one will notice.

Anonymous said...

The crooked window and...?

Anonymous said...

Is some of the bead board narrower? If so, it took me about 6 hours to find it and I doubt that anyone passing through the room would notice. I hope you'll do another video when the room is done.

Becky said...

Love the frieze!
I can't really tell from the angle of the photo but is one of them the frame of the window is too shallow so when you put the trim up there will be a gap between the trim and the frame???

Anonymous said...

The crooked window and the beadboard is different widths.