ListWise

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Lines Are Open

Greg: Sarah, who’s are next commenter?

Sarah: Well, Greg, we have Diana from the blogosphere on line 1

Greg: Go ahead Diana, what’s your question?

Diana: Hi, first time commenter; long time reader. Could you give us an update on how the white marble in the kitchen is holding up? I'd love to see a picture too!

Greg: Oh yes, the marble I almost butchered in the kitchen. For readers that don’t remember, I bought a slab of white carrara marble for the kitchen island I built and milled it myself. It didn’t go as smoothly as I had planned, but in the end it turned out well….or, well enough.

The research department went through the archives and it seems I installed the marble in March of 2006, so that makes it more than 2 years now that….

Diana: Uh, Greg….

Greg: Yes, Diana?

Diana: Are you going to blather on for much longer? I was really just looking for a thumbs up or down, and a quick photo.

Greg: Oh, I see, well, I’ll wrap it up then… Anyway, as I was saying, I’ve been using it in the kitchen for more than 2 years and it is holding up great. The island is the work horse of the kitchen and I don’t baby it at all. I have found 2 day old coffee rings that didn’t leave a mark.

I sealed it with product I can’t name here. My producer Sarah tells me they won’t pay for advertising, but you can read about it here and here. I eat at the island a lot and use it for….

Diana: Greg, is there a picture coming. I really need to get going and you sound like you could go on for a while.

Greg: Ok, Diana , I get the none too subtle hint. To summarize – quickly – the marble is great and I don’t regret it at all. It is honed, not polished and it is virtually maintenance free. Here’s the stupid picture. Sorry, I didn’t have time to clean it off.



Greg: Now then, Sarah who’s are next commenter?

Sarah: Sorry, you ran a little long and we’re out of time for tonight.

Greg: Until next time readers....


{The views expressed here don't necessarily represent the views of this blog, its readers, or its commenters. Some of the dialog may have been modified for effect.}

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Nice picture! They should have given you more time...

Kathy from NJ said...

Every time you show your island with the stools, it reminds me of your stool post and I laugh out loud. Thanks for brightening up my day.

kingstreetfarm said...

Mmmm honed marble. I'm still a sucker for that stuff! Wow, I can't believe it's been two years already. I totally remember watching with baited breath as you were going about that project.
Man, we're getting old. :p

Greg said...

I know, it just flies by, doesn't it?

Fred said...

Very creative post!! Perhaps I'll have to steal, er, borrow that.